Organisation/The Vattenfall Group
Vattenfall is one of Europe's largest generators of electricity and largest producer of heat. Vattenfall's main products are electricity, heat and gas. In electricity and heat, Vattenfall works in all parts of the value chain: generation, distribution and sales.
In gas, Vattenfall is active in sales. Vattenfall also conducts energy trading and lignite mining.
The Group has approximately 34,700 employees. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is 100%-owned by the Swedish state. The main markets are Nordics*, Germany and the Netherlands. In 2011 operations were also conducted in Belgium, Poland, France and the UK.
Important facts and figures 2011.
- Net sales: SEK 181.0 billion
- Operating profit: SEK 23.2 billion
- Underlying operating profit: SEK 30.8 billion
- Electricity generation: 166.7 TWh
- External sales of electricity: 209.41 TWh
- Heat sales: 41.6 TWh
- Gas sales: 53.8 TWh
- Total number of employees, as of 31 December: 34,685
Exchange rate 8,94 SEK/EUR.
1 of which, bilateral sales through the trading operatings amounted to 52.9 TWh in 2011.
* Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark.
Learn how Vattenfall is organised.