Stable first quarter results despite challenging market conditions
Vattenfall reports a stable underlying first quarter 2013 operating profit despite challenging market conditions. Increased electricity generation and high nuclear power availability contributed to the result. Vattenfall continues to improve operational efficiency.
- Net sales rose 1.4% to SEK 49,659 million (48,994)
- The underlying operating profit was stable and amounted to SEK 11,625 million (11,629)
- Profit for the period (after tax) was SEK 6,195 million. The 2012 first quarter profit included a capital gain of approximately SEK 8.1 billion due to the sale of Vattenfall’s electricity distribution and heating business in Finland.
- Electricity generation increased by 7.9% to 52.2 TWh (48.4)
- Vattenfall’s nuclear power plants, Forsmark and Ringhals, achieved combined availability of a full 97.1% during the quarter and generated a total of 14.5 TWh of electricity.